Welcome to another school year! We are excited to have everyone back on campus. As we look at the calendars, field trips and other volunteer opportunities will be here before we know it. Plan ahead and complete the Volunteer Clearance Checklist for 2023-2024 as soon as possible, as it takes approximately 2 weeks to clear volunteers once all forms have been submitted and training completed.
There are several things to keep in mind for this year:
- New conference requirements this year include Mandated Reporter training, and Live Scan for ALL volunteers (not just overnight field trips).
- If you have completed Live Scan from another Adventist school within the Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists (NCC), please let me know, and I will call the NCC for the date it was completed to add to our school records.
- If you have completed Sterling Volunteers previously (church/another school) you will need to contact Sterling Volunteers to get the location changed to Sacramento Adventist Academy and state the volunteer type. Here is the contact information: AdventistSupport@sterlingvolunteers.com or 1-855-326-1860.
- Please email me at: email@example.com with any questions regarding expiration dates on file for volunteer clearance trainings. Email subject heading: Volunteer Clearance
VOLUNTEER CLEARANCE CHECKLIST 2023-2024
- Copy of driver's license
- Live Scan, (one time only) - Please note, you will be required to pay an application/processing fee when you go for fingerprints. This varies based on location. New for all field trips not just overnight trips. If you previously completed for overnight trips or you did at a previous NCC school, you do not need to do it again.
** Carmichael Box Shop ($72) is close to the school or you can search Live Scan locations.
Forms that need to be completed each year:
- Educational Volunteer Agreement
- Guidelines for Volunteers
- Volunteers Cars
- Copy of auto insurance declarations page
- Sterling Verified Volunteers (background check process) every 3 years and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. Website: www.ncsrisk.org/adventist
Information you will need to enter:
- Organization: Seventh-day Adventist
- Union: Pacific
- Conference: Northern California
- School Name: Sacramento Adventist Academy
If preschool use this school name instead:
Sacramento Adventist Academy-ECEC
Complete background check
- Email date of completion to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It can take up to 2 weeks for verification process to be completed
New (everyone must complete) - Mandated Reporter (child protection training) every 2 years
takes approximately 2 hours to complete